In support of the Mission of City College of San Francisco, we are a CalWORKs student serving program that provides essential support services that enables students to complete their educational goals, find substantial employment, and successfully enter the workforce. Through collaboration and advocacy with our College and community partners, we prepare students to secure their futures with an education and obtain self-sufficiency.
To further support student success, the goal of the CalWORKs program is to move students from Welfare to work and prepare students to enter the workforce successfully through the following services:
- Counseling & Educational Planning
- Case Management & Follow Up
- Job Readiness Training
- Job Development and Placement
The CalWORKs Education and Training program has partnered with the San Francisco Human Services Agency in an effort to better support our students. We are unique in that we have three county Employment Specialists conveniently located in our office to meet the needs of our students.
Types of Services Provided
- Development of Welfare to Work Plans
- Community Resources and Referrals
- Child Care and Transportation Assistance
- Crisis Intervention and Case Management
- County Referrals and Eligibility Documentation
Employment Specialist from HSA are available every Friday. Please contact the CalWORKs Office to schedule an appointment by calling 450-452-5700.