Writing Success Project
What is the Writing Success Project?
WSP is a TRIO student support services program linked to sections of English 86 up through English 1B and 1C. Each section offers a professional tutor who attends class and leads weekly study groups, and eligible students receive academic counseling, help applying for scholarships, transfer planning, and other support through the Writing Success Project.
WSP-linked sections are open to all CCSF students, and additional WSP services are available to students who either receive financial aid, or will be the first in their families to graduate from college, or have disabilities. The WSP is funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Study groups with tutors who know the readings and assignments
- A place and time to complete homework each week
- Priority registration (for students who attend WSP groups)
- Academic counseling and advising
- A well-supported classroom experience
- Stimulating instructors and engaging topics
- Assistance with scholarship and transfer applications
- A community of students all working together on writing skills
- The opportunity to be published in an annual anthology of student writing
The Writing Success Project is a good choice for students who are interested in:
- Transferring to a four-year college or university
- Earning an associates degree or a certificate
- Developing writing, team-building, and cross-cultural communication skills
For more information, email email@example.com or Ghislaine Maze at firstname.lastname@example.org.