Tutorial Center -
Become a Peer Tutor
We are pleased to announce that the Learning Assistance Department's (LAD) Tutor Training Program has been approved by the California Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) International Tutor Training Program Certification as Level 1.
Since 1989, over 1,000 college tutor training programs around the globe have received ITTPC at one or more Levels. CCSF is joining a rich history that will benefit our peer tutors and students who are seeking academic support services.
Upon completion of a minimum of 10 hours of training and 25 hours of supervised tutoring, peer tutors or staff will be CRLA Certified Level 1 Tutors through the Learning Assistance Department.
Peer Tutor Job Description
Peer Tutors in the Learning Assistance Center are current CCSF students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their subject and receive on-going training in fostering academic success in others. Peer Tutors are available for drop-in appointments and supplemental instruction.
Peer Tutor Qualifications
All Peer Tutors should meet the minimum qualifications below:
- Current student enrolled at CCSF for the minimum of 6
units/semester (international students need to review SHEP
- Received an A in the subject.
- A Faculty Letter of Recommendation.
- Reliable and able to support the philosophy and mission of the Learning Assistance Center.
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work well with and support diverse student population at CCSF.
- May be required to take an assessment test depending on the subject.
- Enrolled and completed
Introduction to Tutoring Tutor Training Course (see
Peer Tutor Benefits
- Excellent resume builder
- Remain “on top” of your academic material
- Improve your communication skills
- Build your leadership skills
- On-going professional development paid training workshops (Transfer, Scholarship, Tutoring Best Practices, Communication and Diversity workshops)
- Receive CRLA (starting Fall 2018) – Tutor Certification Level 1
This is a part-time position with a maximum of 15 hours per week.
Competitive salary of $15/hour and a flexible schedule to balance
Peer Tutor Application Process
* Printed Peer Tutor Application forms are also available in the Learning Assistance Center R207 as needed.
Additional Student Job Opportunities are available in the Learning