Office of (On- Campus) Student Employment
The Office of Student Employment assists in the process of hiring student workers for on- campus employment. Our mission is to implement on- campus student employment as an educational experience which will contribute to our student's professional and personal maturity. Thank you for your interest in student employment.
How to begin
City College of San Francisco students seeking on- campus employment must log in to Web4 to begin the Student Hiring Eligibility Process (SHEP).
Overview of SHEP in Web4:
- Review/ update your personal information.
- Must be enrolled at City College to work on campus. Credit students 6 units, International F-1/ M-1 students 12 units, non- credit students 12 hours/ wk.
- Complete your two- step Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and Clearance, with your personal physician or on- campus at Student Health Services.
- Document your understanding of the CCSF Sexual Harassment Policy.
- Document your employment history with the City and County of San Francisco or City College of San Francisco.
- Complete payroll related forms.
- Print "Eligible for Hire" page. View on- campus jobs: www.ccsf.edu/jobs
- Once you have been offered an on- campus job, obtain a Form I-9 and take it, with the appropriate documentation, to Student Employment.
Please log in to WEB4 to complete these steps.
For detailed step by step instructions please review the Student Employment Handbook.
TB procedure and
Social Security Cards (for payroll purposes) can
delay the hiring process by several weeks. Please plan
- Please submit your consent to the TB
information release agreement in SHEP step#3 before visiting
Student Health Services
- Know what Job Classification you
fall under: Federal Work Study, Lab Aide, or Grants/ CalWORKS/
Aid at fafsa.ed.gov
for Federal Work Study eligibility. Lab Aide funded jobs are
available to all CCSF students. Grants/ CalWORKS/ EOPS funded jobs
are available to students who meet the eligibility requirements, see
departments for details.
- Find employment through www.ccsf.edu/jobs or inquire in- person within the department before you process your Form I-9 with Student Employment.
- Obtain a Student Employment Job Offer Form from your potential employer and bring it with you to the Student Employment Office (MUB 130A) at the time of Form I-9 processing.
- International students, please obtain your employment authorization letter from the International Education Office (CloudHall 212) and your employer authorization letter from your supervisor before processing your Form I-9.
- Student workers are paid $10.74/hr and can work a maximum of 15 hours per week.
Please reference the SHEP Brochure for Employers for step by step instructions on how to post a position and hire a student worker. For other inquiries please contact me directly via email or office phone.
Off- Campus Employers