Placement Testing and Prerequisites
In the Foreign Languages Dept, there are NO PREREQUISITES for the following types of courses:
- Entry level courses that assume no previous background or study, such as Spanish 1, 1A, or 10A.
- Conversation courses in any language; 10A, B, C, D,E ; 12A,B,C ; 11A,11B ; 14A, 14B, 14C ; 15A, 15B, 16A, 16B
NOTE: Many courses do have advisories (recommended preparation). Please check the college catalogue for information.
The Foreign Languages Department Eligibility Coordinator is Isabelle Motamedi. You may email her at email@example.com.
Office Hours: Arts 304
- During the week of January 11 2016: 10am-12 noon, Monday through Thursday.
- During the first week of class: Wed Jan 20, 12-3 pm; Thurs. Jan 21, 12:30-3, , Fri. Jan. 22, 12-2 p.m.
- Thereafter: Mondays 12-3, Wednesdays, 12-2, Thursdays, 12:30-2.
Beginning with registration for the Spring 2016 semester, there will be changes with registration in all languages for courses that have prerequisites. If you have acquired the prerequisite skills outside of CCSF, your registration in a higher level course will be blocked. You must challenge the prerequisite. There are two ways to do this:
- Produce a transcript (an unofficial transcript is okay) from another college with the equivalent course OR
- Take the Placement Test, available online for most languages.
Please choose the appropriate language to learn what to do for your language.