Most crimes that occur on campus are crimes of “opportunity”. Here are some tips to avoid being a victim.
- Do not leave any personal belongings unattended anytime or anywhere.
- Use the buddy system or get an SFCCPD escort when traveling to and from campus.
- Avoid dark isolated areas of campus.
- Lock your car and never leave valuables visible.
- Lock-up your property with a high quality lock.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Common sense is your best protection!
Report Campus Crime and any Suspicious Activity to us anytime. If there are other concerns you have, please feel free to email us as well.
Call 415-239-3200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for You To Remember
Record your serial numbers and keep then in a safe place in your home. If your valuables are stolen, the officer taking the police report will need the serial numbers so they can put them into the “Automated Property System” (APS). This system can tell an officer anywhere in the U.S who may come across your property that it belongs to you.
Mark your valuables with your Drivers License number because the police can get your name from the Drivers License number but not from a Social Security number.
Use anti-theft devices such as car alarms and locking devices over the steering wheel.
Report any & all suspicious activity to Campus Police.