Support for Your Physics Courses
Need help in your Physics Classes? Use these resources to find the support you need to succeed.
Tutoring at the Learning Assistance Center
The Learning Assistance Center located in the Rosenberg Library room R-207 offers tutoring in physics. Tutors are often past students that have taken the same course during a previous semester. For more information, visit the LAC Website.
(click on Physics Tutoring Schedule to see City College Physics Tutoring calendar)
Classes and Contact Information for Instructors
To view classes taught by specific instructor, visit Student Registration Website. Select Browse Classes to see Class Search for Term and Department as Physics or Instructor by Name.
Your instructor's office hours are a great time to meet with your instructor, ask questions and discuss topics in your courses.
- Free Physics Toolbox Sensor Suite mobile app
- HyperPhysics is an exploration environment for concepts in physics
- Khan Academy Physics Library
- Feynman Lectures on Physics (official website)
Now, anyone with internet access and a web browser can enjoy reading a high quality up-to-date copy of Feynman's legendary lectures.
This edition has been designed for ease of reading on devices of any size or shape; text, figures and equations can all be zoomed without degradation.
- The Theoretical Minimum is a series of Stanford Continuing Studies courses taught by world renowned physicist Leonard Susskind. These courses collectively teach everything required to gain a basic understanding of each area of modern physics including all of the fundamental mathematics.
- Quantum Computing for the Quantum Curious
This book is open access, which means that you have free and unlimited access
Demystifies quantum computing, using only high school physics
Bridges the gap between popular science articles and advanced textbooks
Adaptable for courses ranging from high school to college