Help for Your Math Classes
There are two primary math tutoring services at CCSF:
- The Math Lab provides tutoring for most of the math courses up to and including MATH 108.
- The STAR Center (Student Tutoring and Resource Center) provides tutoring for all math courses excluding MATH 108.
The Math Lab
The Math Lab offers free math tutoring in person and virtually through a team of professional teaching assistants and trained student tutors for the following courses:
- MATH 70 Liberal Arts Math
- MATH 75 Mathematical Analysis for Business
- MATH 80+80S Probability and Statistics with support
- MATH 90+90S Precalculus Algebra with support
- MATH 98 Precalculus and Trigonometry
- MATH 108 Foundations of Data Science
The Math Lab offers student services online, too! Self-enroll in the Online Math Lab canvas shell to access course-specific resources such as guided learning activities and to make a virtual appointment with our tutors. These resources include support for the previously offered courses in Pre-Algebra, Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, and Pre-Statistics.
Math Lab Hours & Location
- The Math Lab is located in JDVL 808 on the north side of the Ocean Avenue Campus just off Judson Ave.
- The Fall 2023 in-person tutoring hours are
- Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
- Friday from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm.
- Virtual appointment availability is available in the Canvas Calender through the Online Math Lab course shell.
- View the Canvas Student Help Guide page on how to find and make appointments.
For more information about the Math Lab, contact Charles Hutchins, the Math Lab Coordinator, at 415-452-5575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The STAR Center
The STAR Center offers free math tutoring in person and virtually for all math courses. Individual tutors may have particular courses they focus on. See the tutor's descriptions to find a tutor for your class.
The STAR center is located in Rosenberg Library, Room 207 at the Ocean Avenue campus.
For hours and more information, visit the STAR Center website.