Welcome to the English as a Second Language Department!

Continuing Students

Register for credit classes (English)  
Register for noncredit classes (English, 中文, Español)  

New Students

Noncredit ESL is good for you. Noncredit classes are free for California residents.

Credit ESL is good for you.

Credit classes cost $49 per unit, but you may be eligible for Free City. View the Free City informational video.

If you have not submitted a credit application, please go to www.ccsf.edu/apply.

To know your CCSF credit ESL level, use the Credit ESL Guided Placement Tool.

After you answer the questions on the Credit ESL Guided Placement Tool, the Testing Office will contact you. If you have any questions, please contact the Testing Office at (415) 239-3124 or email testing@ccsf.edu.

Our classes in Fall 2020 will mostly be online. You will need to get your RamID - your CCSF online identification. If you need help, see these links:

Practice English

Do you have other questions about taking classes?  Visit Admissions and Records Virtual Counters for more information.