Scholarships for Fashion Students
Kamille Hitz Fashion Warrior Scholarship
The Kamille Hitz Fashion Warrior Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that will be awarded annually to one Fashion Design student and one Fashion Merchandising student. Each scholarship will be a $500 cash award and awardees can use the money how they choose.
Submit to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: October 31
AAU Scholarship for Fashion Design
Our 2022 fashion show was our final show; however, we are pleased to announce that we will continue with the AAU Scholarship competition for 2023. AAU has confirmed its continued support of the scholarships for our top three senior collection designers. We will receive two-year scholarships designated for our three top senior collection designers. Sign-ups for the Jurying will be announced each Fall semester.
Collections will be judged on the following criteria:
- Cohesiveness of Design Vision, Fabric story, and Color story
- Originality and Style
- Quality of Construction and Materials
- Ability to Complete the Work
Please note that the applicant must personally do all aspects of the design process - illustration, pattern making, draping, and sewing. Also, designers may use class projects as inspiration for their collections and be allowed to work on them during class if the instructor permits.
Presentations to the Jury must include:
- A fabric board and mood board (color/inspiration board)
- At least 5 head-to-toe looks, presented through garments or sketches or both. Sketches may be on figure or flats. More are encouraged.
- A minimum of one sewn garment to demonstrate skill, original design encouraged.
Fashion Department faculty will choose designers they want to continue completing their 5-pc collections and be judged in May. Each applicant will have 15 minutes to present their work at the Jurying. The May jurying date will be determined.
AAU Scholarship for Fashion Merchandising
The Academy of Art University (AAU) has sponsored the annual CCSF spring fashion show for the past thirteen years by graciously donating two-year scholarships to our senior collection design winners and in, recent years, to merchandising students. Our 2022 fashion show was our final show; however, we are pleased to announce that we will continue with the AAU scholarship competition for 2023. AAU has confirmed its continued support of the scholarships for one fashion merchandising student. The fashion merchandising scholarship will be awarded in May 2023, at the conclusion of the spring semester, along with the three senior design scholarships.
There will be three pre-qualifying milestones. The first milestone requires that students be currently enrolled at CCSF, be a member of the CCSF LinkedIn Group and have satisfactorily passed the required courses by the end of the Spring semester. Students will need to provide (unofficial) transcripts for the following courses by the beginning of the Spring semester:
- FASH 22 Fashion History (spring only) or Fashion 57 Fabric Glossary (spring/fall)
- FASH 42 Introduction to Fashion Industry (spring/fall)
- FASH 48 Fashion Show Production (spring only)
- FASH 49 Visual Merchandising (fall only)
- FASH 53 Fashion Forecasting (spring/fall)
- FASH 54A Fashion Styling (spring/fall)
- FASH 56 Fashion Writing and Publicity (spring only)
- FASH 138 Fashion Career Essentials (spring/fall)
The second milestone will require the students to:
- Submit a letter of intent explaining why they should be considered for the AAU scholarship, and highlighting any notable achievements while attending CCSF, including volunteer work and internships
- Submit a personal mission statement that summarizes their educational and career goals
- Please submit a letter of intent, unofficial transcripts, and mission statement to the CCSF Fashion Department Chair. A formal acceptance letter from the Jurying committee will be sent to the candidates who meet the criteria for the first two milestones.
The candidates who successfully meet the three pre-qualifying milestones to will continue to compete for the AAU scholarship by creating a digital version of a custom portfolio and presenting them to the jurying committee on Zoom at a date and time to be determined in May 2023. The Fashion Merchandising scholarship winner will be announced at the conclusion of the spring semester with the Senior Collection scholarship winners.
Download the announcement letter for full details.
I. Magnin Scholarship
The I. Magnin scholarship fund has been established to honor the memory of I. Magnin & Co., a pioneer in fashion retailing from 1876 to 1995, and to further the education of students who are pursuing careers in the fashion industry. This scholarship fund also recognizes the original charter of the Magnin Aid Foundation in assisting students who are facing financial challenges in meeting their educational goals. Scholarships will range from $2000 up to $10,000 as determined by the Scholarship Committee.
Deadline to apply:
For Fall scholarship, April 15
For Spring scholarship, October 15
I. Magnin Scholarship Committee
The San Francisco Foundation
One Embarcadero Center, Suite 1400
San Francisco, CA 94111
If you have previously received the scholarship, you may reapply. We encourage you to apply for the scholarship. Download the scholarship package for complete information.