Skip to main content
- Enroll in CDEV Courses .
- Enroll in SFSU classes offered at the City College Campus for a reduced fee! These upper division courses are available to CCSF students.
- Visit the Teacher Prep Center at the Main Campus, MUB 249, (415)239-3890.
- Read some articles and books on becoming a teacher. The library at CCSF has compiled a great bibliography for you to review and print out!
- Study for the CBEST test! It is recommended that the CBEST test be taken while enrolled at CCSF.
- Visit the SFSU Teacher Prep Center at San Francisco State University at Burk Hall 244 (415) 405-3594 or visit SFSU at - www.sfsu.edu/~credinfo/.
- Explore the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing website at www.ctc.ca.gov.
- Watch your GPA! Many Credential Programs require between a 2.7 - 3.0 GPA! The CSU system requires a minimum GPA of 2.67 statewide for applicants to credential programs.
- Explore colleges and universities that offer Credential Programs. A number of programs are available in the Bay Area. San Francisco State University is one the larger programs in California and has a long history of teacher preparation. SFSU began as a Teacher's School and a pathway from CCSF to SFSU has been developed. In addition to SFSU, numerous programs are available in the Bay Area including, San Jose State University, Sonoma State University, California State University Monterey Bay, California State University Hayward, University of San Francisco, St. Mary's College, Notre Dame, Dominican College, New College and University of California, Berkeley. Deadlines for admissions vary. Most CSU campuses have November and February annual admission deadlines.