Announcements & Updates
COVID-19 Update: Due to Covid-19, the Vocational Nursing Office like much of the campus, remains closed to visitors. We continue to work remotely. If you are new to our webpage, you should look to our LVN and CNA flyers to get an idea of what is necessary in order to apply for our programs.
Link to a Map of Free and Paid sites conducting COVID-19 Testing:: https://datasf.org/covid19-testing-locations/
Link to Student Health Services:: https://www.ccsf.edu/student-services/student-health-services
These flyers are updated as soon as we have the information to update them. If there are no future dates listed on the Flyer, then you have missed the previous deadlines and you will need to wait until the next semester's flyer is posted with future deadlines.
- Please follow the "register for an Orientation date" link to register your interest in an Orientation date. Please carefully spell your email address, the email that you use is the email address where you will receive your invitation to the Zoom Orientation meeting by the morning of the Orientation.
- New applicants MUST attend an orientation before being eligible to apply for next semester's class.
- For orientation details, download the Program Flyer from the sidebar of this webpage
- If you would like to apply for the LVN or CNA program, you MUST register for an Orientation date, here.
- The cutoff for registration to the Orientation is the day before the orientation. DO NOT WAIT until the day OF the Orientation to register for it, you will not be able to.
- If you have additional questions you can email the program clerk at LVN@ccsf.edu (prospective student applicants should NOT email any other faculty with questions about the orientations)
- International/Foreign applicants should ask for a counselor from the Office of International Programs.
Please note that for a course to be comparably equivalent for the sake of prerequisites, the course must be similar in credit hours and content as well. For example, Santa Barbara City College's HIT-201, which is 36 lecture hours and a 2-unit class, is not comparable to our Pharmacology course which is 52.5 lecture hours and a 3-Unit class which includes calculations of medication and it's administration.
ALL PREREQUISITES MUST be completed BEFORE the semester that you submit your application in order to be eligible for the lottery. If your course is not completed by the date of the lottery, you cannot be in the lottery.