Prevention of the Flu and Other Infectious Illnesses
How to decrease the chances you will get the flu:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Cover your cough or cough into your sleeve or into tissues and throw them away.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or if necessary use the disinfectant gels.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Don’t share personal items such as eating or drinking utensils, toothpaste, razors.
- If you’re sick, stay home until any fever has been gone for 24 hours without fever-reducing medications.
Vaccines, the Best Immune System Enhancer
Practice prevention, get your flu shot, take good care of your health such as rest, intake enough fluids and good nutrition will help keep you healthy this flu season.