The Scholarship Office is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity for students in Basic Skills courses. The $1,000 award, for books, supplies, transportation, childcare, and other college-related necessities, will be paid over two (2) semesters at $500 each semester to students who continue to meet the eligibility requirements. The scholarship is paid in one installment each semester.
Deadlines & Application
- OPEN: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- DEADLINE: Monday, October 19, 2020
- Apply online at: Scholarship Universe
- Currently, participating in ONE of the following programs:
- African American Scholastic Program
- Asian Pacific American Student Success Program
- Guardian Scholars Program
- Latino Services Network
- New Student Counseling
- Continuing Student Counseling
- Maintain a minimum of nine (9) credit units.
- Be enrolled in a College Support class each semester the award is given (check Course Listing with your counselor).
- Maintain a Term and Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Completed 6 units at CCSF.
- To avoid duplication, students may participate in only ONE of the ten scholarship programs listed above in #1.
Renewable eligibility based on the following requirements.
- Must attend two appointments with a program counselor during each semester when scholarship funds are being awarded.
- Have a current electronic education plan by a counselor in the semester when awarded.
- Participate in at least one academic enrichment session designated by your counselor each semester.
- This scholarship requires a personal statement and a copy of your CCSF unofficial transcript.
- Personal Statement Prompt: Please write about your career goals and describe how you are working to achieve those goals in your current activities, interests, employment, educational achievements, special needs, and/or financial circumstances. Be specific about the steps you are taking to reach your goals and why you would like to work in the field you have chosen.
- Guidelines in formatting your personal statement: 1-2 single pages; double-spaced; one-inch margins; 12-point Times New Roman font. Include name and student identification number in the upper right-hand corner.