Support for Asian and Pacific Islander students
The Asian Pacific American Student Success Program (APASS) supports Asian and Pacific Islander students in pursuit of academic success through early intervention and effective support services; promote individual growth and personal success through a culturally sensitive environment; recognize cultural diversity within the Asian and Pacific Islander communities; and foster unity within the college community and beyond.
APASS Programs and Services
CCSF students have access to the following services and programs from APASS. Have questions about any of our services? Contact our office!
Book Loan Program
Book Voucher Program
The Book Loan program is no longer available!
Our Book Loan Program allows you to borrow textbooks for the entire semester, FREE of charge. Students are asked to return the books in good condition by the end of finals week. Books go fast, so utilize this service in the first few weeks of the semester. Also, we invite students to donate unwanted or used books to our inventory so that we can continue this program.
You are required to participate in APASS services (i.e. computer lab usage, counseling, study groups, etc.) to borrow books.
For more information and/or the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at Batmale Hall, Room 208.
Spring 2023: Available on a first come first served basis due to limited funding.
In addition to our Book Loan program, we also provide a Book Voucher program that issues vouchers to students to purchase books that we do not have available in our book loan inventory but is necessary for the courses they’re taking. Students are asked to return the books in good condition by the end of finals week, and they will be added to our book loan inventory for the future semesters.
You are required to participate in APASS services (i.e. computer lab usage, counseling, study groups, etc.) in order to be considered for a book voucher.
Email us at email@example.com for an assessment appointment with a counselor and to complete the application.
APASS Counselors are here to help you with academic-related matters and issues.
It is important that you make an appointment to see a counselor during your first semester to discuss your educational and career objectives, and to develop a customized educational plan. In addition, meet with a counselor at least once a semester to make sure you are on the right track in achieving your educational and career goals.
Our APASS Counselors provide counseling services to ALL CCSF students (new, continuing or returning). We can:
- Help you to clarify your educational objectives and develop an educational plan, specific to your education goals.
- Help you to understand the requirements of certificate programs, associate degrees, general education, majors, and transfer as well as the College's policies and procedures.
- Provide transcript evaluation and class selection.
- Provide academic probation/dismissal counseling for those students who are struggling academically and need to strategize ways to improve their academic performance and standing.
- Assist with graduation and financial petitions and other academic/registration related forms.
- Provide Financial Aid and Scholarship information.
- Provide referrals to campus and community services
Please utilize our online esars appointment scheduler or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with any of our counselors.
Tagalog speaking Counselor
Loan Huynh, Program Coordinator
Vietnamese speaking Counselor
John Ho (Not Available SP23)
Cantonese speaking Counselor
Our Computer Lab/Study Lab is OPEN to students, staff, and faculty during LAB hours. The lab includes:
- 11 computer stations available for participating VASA students to conduct research, complete homework, and/or any academic purpose.
- Study Area with 6 round tables that seat 36 total which is great for study groups or workshops or even alone time with a book
- One side table that's great for private studying and also equipped with outlets you can utilize for charging your electronics
- Great WIFI connection through the CCSF Wireless for students, staff, and faculty