The mission of Multicultural Retention Services is to provide comprehensive, culturally specific, multilingual education programs and services that promote successful learning and student achievement in a multiculturally sensitive setting.
Our primary mission is to operate five distinct programs and to provide retention services leading to:
- Transfer to baccalaureate institutions
- Attainment of Associate Degrees in Arts and Sciences
- Acquisition of certificates and career skills
- Successful transition of students from Basic Skills and English as a Second Language to college-level proficiency
- Improved access and persistence of Multicultural Retention Services targeted student populations
In addition, Multicultural Retention Services collaborates with academic departments and community-based organizations to offer other programs and services consistent with our primary mission.