Plan an Event for Your Club and CCSF Students!
Recognized clubs have access to all kinds of resources. However, to take advantage of these resources, clubs must correctly fill out the proper forms by the stated deadlines. Below you will find a list of common club event needs and the forms required to fulfill each. All forms listed below are available in SU 207 and upon request in SU 205. If you have questions regarding how to fill out any of our forms, or are not sure which forms to use, please ask the Student Activities Office student staff in SU 205.
When planning an event, your club has a lot of things to consider. Certain elements of your event will determine what space you use, how much food to buy, who to invite, etc. Please note that all events require Event Request Forms, including all general club meetings. Below are some basic questions to help get your club started in the event planning process:
- Who is our target audience? (Club members only, the CCSF community, the community at large)
- Where can we have our event based on who our target audience is? (MUB140 for larger events, SU 208 Conference Room for smaller events, Ram Plaza for open-ended campus-wide events, etc.)
- Is the space available for the date we want? Have we reserved the space with the appropriate form/office/building?
- What is our budget for the entire event? What is our budget for each line item?
- Will we offer food? For sale or for free? Should we get a cash advance, be reimbursed later for it, or pay the vendor directly (if the event is catered/food made and delivered)? How much should we buy? Who are the preferred CCSF vendors? Is this a food sale fundraiser?
- Will we be collecting donations? Who will sign out the Fundraising Lock Box from Administrative Services?
- Are we going to make flyers for the event? Should we have them printed at Digital Print Productions at Mission Campus or an off-site vendor?
- How will we spread the word about our event? Flyers, word-of-mouth, class presentations, emails, Facebook, The Guardsman advertisements, City Currents advertisements?
- What equipment/supplies/decorations should we have for the event? Do we have to rent or borrow the equipment from Associated Students or the Audio Visual department?
- Should we have a speaker/performer at the event? How much should they be paid, if anything at all?
- Has our travel been approved by the Associate Dean of Student Activities?
- Who will be our main contact person for all of the event paperwork? (This person’s name and contact information should be on all forms to remain consistent)
Once you answer some of these questions, you can figure out what forms you need to fill out, who you need to talk to, and where you should start. You may also make an appointment with the Management Assistant of Student Activities to help you get started in the event planning process.