CCSF Library is committed to providing excellent resources and services that support the mission of City College of San Francisco. To fulfill its mission, the Library:
- Contributes to student learning outcomes by actively engaging in both the development and implementation of an information competency initiative that supports the curriculum and lifelong learning;
- Provides users with assistance and instruction for success in the use of library resources for their present studies and lifelong learning;
- Strives to provide equal access to print and electronic materials and to develop services, including distance learning services, for students with a wide range of scholastic abilities, learning styles and comprehension levels;.
- Is supportive of and responsive to the changing needs of people with diverse ethnic, cultural, social and economic backgrounds;
- Advocates for faculty and staff participation in building and enhancing library resources and creating new services;.
- Contributes to the College's curricular goals by providing programs and exhibitions and by publicizing available resources and activities;.
- Encourages forging of partnerships and integrating of new technologies to increase access to resources and services external to the college's physical collections.
(Adopted as part of Collection Development statement. 10/29/1992, revised 4/2005; reviewed 5/2018)
Resources and Services for Faculty and Staff
Below is a list of some of the resources and services available to CCSF faculty and staff. Contact the subject librarian for your department for help with discipline-specific issues. You may also visit the Library's Faculty Support page.
- Reserves - placing textbooks on reserve for faculty
- Designing Research Assignments
- Academic Integrity - how to nurture academic integrity & help students avoid plagiarism
- Instruction - how to use the Library instructional program with your class
- Linking to Articles - ensures the link provided to students will work within the CCSF Library subscription
- Open Educational Resources (OER) - find out about OER support for faculty
- Purchase Request Form - requests will be forwarded to the designated subject librarian
- Research Guides - librarian created guides to help students get started with discipline-specific research.
- Borrowing, Returning and Renewing - the basics of CCSF Library circulation rules
- Copyright Resources - support for those working with Copyright issues
- City College of San Francisco Copyright Information
- Media Center/ Collaboratory
- Faculty Guide to Streaming Video - information about Kanopy, Swank, and Films on Demand
- Chronicle of Higher Education
Did you know?
In addition to providing excellent services directly to students, faculty, and staff, CCSF librarians and classified staff are also active in various leadership and functional service roles throughout the College and statewide. For example, CCSF Library faculty and staff actively participate in a variety of Participatory Governance Council (PGC) standing committees at the College. They also contribute to larger statewide initiatives that benefit CCSF students, such as the Community College League of California's (CCLC) Library Services Platform (LSP) for 110 participating California Community Colleges (CCC), by serving as members on various work groups and task forces of the CCC LSP.