Foundation Promise Overview
San Francisco's Free City and the State's California
Promise programs are a wonderful start at delivering a great
secondary education to all Californians by making community college
tuition free. But free tuition is only a part of the cost of attending
college. There's the high cost of rent, food, and transportation. Not
to mention books or medical expenses. Enter the Foundation Promise
- Awards a $10,000 merit scholarship
- Enrolls students as a cohort for 2 years (including summer)
- Guarantees registration in required transfer courses
- Promotes transfer to 4-year colleges and universities
To be eligible, students must
- Graduate from a San Francisco high school (public or private)
- Possess a 2.75 cumulative high school GPA
- Place into transfer-level English and Math via MMAP or placement test
- Be transfer-bound
- Enroll as part of a cohort and complete within 2 years (including summer)
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA at CCSF
Note: the cohort will enroll students in courses that lead them to transfer with liberal arts (non-STEM) majors.
Information on the scholarship application process for spring 2019 will be coming soon.
If you're graduating from a San Francisco high school (public or private) and would like to be considered for the Foundation Promise Scholarship, please fill out the Foundation Promise Scholarship Interest Form.