Outcomes & Assessment
City College strives to create a culture where outcomes assessment continually improves the quality of student learning and institutional effectiveness. Members of each department and program engage each other in the development and assessment of outcomes. Dialogue within and amongst departments and programs moves the college forward to meet the evolving needs of our students through instruction, curricula, programs, and services.
Outcomes are developed and assessed for the following areas:
- Instructional Student Learning Outcomes for
- Student Service Outcomes (for additional services provided to students, such as transcript procurement, registration, and financial aid)
- Admininstrative Unit Outcomes (for services provided to faculty, staff, vendors, external organizations, etc. to produce an environment of learning for our students)
Current Accreditation Standards
- Standard I.B.(6) "The institution disaggregates and analyzes learning outcomes and achievement for subpopulations of students."
- Standard I.B.(7) "The institution regularly evaluates its policies and practices across all areas of the institution."
- Standard II.C.(2) "The institution uses assessment data to continuously improve student support programs and services."