About the CNIT Department
The Computer Networking and Information Technology (CNIT) Department offers a variety of degrees and certificates that prepare you to seek employment in entry-level network administration, computer technical support, cybersecurity, and web development positions. The Department also offers courses that prepare students for well-known industry certificates such as: CompTIA A+, Cisco CCNA, EMCISA, CEH, CISSP, AWS Cloud Practitioner, and others.
Courses and programs are created and offered based on the feedback from the Advisory Board Meeting
We follow our students and we are proud of their success stories.
You can also follow what is going on in CNIT by visiting our Events page.
CNIT Courses Offerings
- Network Infrastructure and Administration
- Tech Support for Windows and Mac
- Front-End Web Development
Courses Offered in Summer 2021
- CNIT 103 - core course for AS Degree and starting path for Computer Tech Support certificate and CompTIA A+
- CNIT 100 - 2 sessions - great start in the area of Information Technology and accepted as GE class in San Francisco State
- MAKR 100 - 2 sessions - great start in the area of Internet of Things (IoT) and a course you can use as GE for Area E
Use CNIT Courses for General Education (GE)
- Area A: CNIT 131, CNIT 132
- Area E: MAKR 100