Courses with Prerequisites in the Biological Sciences Department at City College of San Francisco
- Biology 100A (prerequisite Chem 101A)
- Biology 100B (prerequisite Bio 100A)
- Microbiology 120 (prerequisite Chem 32 or Chem 101A)
- Biology 111 and Biology 112 (prerequisite Chem 32 or Chem 101A)
Note: high school chemistry and Chem 40 are not accepted as prerequisites
Process for challenging a prerequisite
If you have taken comparable chemistry or prerequisite course at another accredited College or University please follow the process below:
A student who wishes to challenge a prerequisite should file a “petition to challenge a prerequisite” form as early as possible prior to the first day of class, but no later than the end of the add/drop period. The student shall bear the initial burden of showing that grounds exist for the challenge.
Required supporting documentation
In addition to the Prerequisite Challenge Form, the following materials are required:
- Unofficial copy of transcripts bearing your name
- International transcripts must first be assessed by an approved US agency
- Copy of course content description from College Catalog or syllabus
If your petition and materials are complete and are approved by the Department Chair you will be notified by phone within 48 hours. Please be patient as we get many requests. Approved petitions will be called in or taken in person by the student to the Office of Matriculation in Conlan Hall 204 in order to remove a block to registration. Please do not call us. We will call you!!