TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
The ATI TEAS (Test of Academic Skills) was developed to measure basic essential skills in academic content area domains for Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English and Language Usage. These entry level skills were deemed important for nursing program applicants by a panel of nursing program curriculum experts. The ATI TEAS is a 170 four-option, multiple-choice questions assessment. To order review materials and online practice session, please go to ATI Testing website.
Based on the recommendation of the California Community College Nursing Advisory Committee, the cut score for ATI TEAS has been set at a score of 62%.
All applicants are required to take and pass the ATI TEAS prior to application.
Fall 2022 Test Dates
CCSF will host an ATI TEAS 7 exam at Ocean Campus, 50 Frida Kahlo Way, SF CA 94112, Cloud Hall Building.
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. Room C312 - (Closed)
- Friday, December 2, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. Room C312 - (Closed)
- Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. Room C243 - (Closed)
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Room C312 - (seats are full, reservation closed)
Reservations will be taken via email to Helen Chin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following on your email request.
- List the test date
- Your first, last name
- Email address
- CCSF Student ID#
- Contact phone number
Seats are limited. An email will be sent one week prior to the exam date with more information, please be alert for this notification.
If you require accommodation, it must be approved through our DSPS office and time arranged through their office for the actual testing.
Taking the test
Students can register for other testing centers at ATI Testing website. Books and practice tests can be purchased directly from ATI Testing. Pass the TEAS at adjusted individual score of 62% or higher.
An unofficial copy must be submitted with your application. If admitted, official test results from ATI Testing must be submitted, unless the test is taken at City College of San Francisco.
Students who do not acquire an Adjusted Individual score of 62% or higher will be required to complete remediation prior to testing again.
- If you do not pass the TEAS on your second attempt after remediation, you are not eligible for the CCSF Nursing Program.
- Only the first valid score will be accepted if you have taken the test multiple times.