Board License Exams
Other states may have their own registered dental assistant exam, in which case, they would not recognize CDA licenses. Please check with the desired state dental assistant board for more information. The American Dental Assistant Association (ADAA), may also provide guidance.
The Dental Assisting Program at City College of San Francisco does not offer stand-alone courses. All courses must be taken as part of the program.
Interested in stand-alone courses in the Bay Area? The following is a list of providers in the Bay Area providing Dental Board of California approved courses for infection control, dental practice act, sealant, coronal polish, and ultrasonic scaler. We are not affiliated with any of the listed providers.
Please note, board approval may change, please visit the Dental Board of California's website to verify board approval.
Tooth Fairy Systems
- Areas Served: San Francisco Bay Area (Located in San Jose, Los Altos Hills, San Ramon)
- Phone: 408-596-6877
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.toothfairysystems.com/classes-1/
- Courses: Radiation Safety (x-ray), Coronal Polish, Law & Ethics Review, & Written Review.
Dental Specialties Institute, Inc
- Contact: Suzie Dault, CDA, RDAEF, OMSAA
- Areas Served: San Jose, Los Gatos, Cupertino
- Phone: 408-578-2074
- Website: https://www.dental-specialties.com/programs
- Courses: California Radiation Safety (x-ray), Coronal Polish, Ultrasonic Scaler, Pit and Fissure Sealant, 8-hour Infection Control, California Dental Practice Act, Ortho Assistant Permit, RDA Written Review, RDA Practical Review, and Law & Ethics Review
CPR/BLS for Healthcare Provider Courses
The following is a list of providers in the Bay Area providing American Heart Association approved and Red Cross approved CPR/BLS for Healthcare Provider courses. We are not affiliated with any of the listed providers.
City College of San Francisco
CCSF offers EMT 12 - BLS Provider Course. Students enrolled in this course will be assessed a $5 lab/material fee for the AHA BLS Provider certification card.
See the class schedule for meeting dates and times.
- Safety Training Seminars
- REVIVE CPR
Note: City College of San Francisco and the Dental Assisting department are not affiliated with the providers listed above. This is a free listing provided to the community.