The Academic Senate of City College of San Francisco
The CCSF Academic Senate is the body of all faculty - part-time and full time, credit and non-credit, counselors, instructors, clinical social workers, librarians, and nurse practitioners. The Academic Senate holds plenary meetings (of the entire body) twice a year on Flex day and can meet at other times.
From the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges
Title 5 § 53200 (b): Academic Senate means an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters. In Section 53200 (c), "Academic and professional matters" means the following policy development and implementation matters.
The Academic Senate Executive Council is the body of representatives elected each Spring to serve two-year terms (or, under some circumstances, one-year terms). The Executive Council meets about twice a month during the Fall and Spring semesters. Executive Council meetings are open to everyone.
Academic Senate Purview
California Community College Faculty: What is 10+1?
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.