Located in the Creative Arts Extension Building on Ocean Campus, Broadcast Media Services supports student success by providing the following services:
Broadcast Media Services provides video distribution, video production, video playback, webcast services and equipment delivery to over 160 Ocean Campus classrooms and meeting rooms, allowing faculty to focus on teaching and presentation.
Broadcast Media Services classroom deliveries are on Ocean Campus only. Video Production and Webcasting services are provided throughout the San Francisco Community College District when resources allow.
Please request a delivery service five days in advance. Please understand that our resources are limited and late requests are often not possible to accommodate.
- Smart Cart (LCD projector/speakers/computer/internet access) with training available on Ocean Campus
- Video playback units delivered to Ocean Campus classrooms and meetings
- Teleproduction facilities, equipment, and staff for instructional and promotional video projects
- Project management for video and audio projects
- Digitizing video and audio clips for web pages
- Single or multi-classroom video distribution on Ocean Campus
- Video viewing gallery and conference room (ArtX 170)
- On-site video recording for classes, meetings, and evaluations
- Off-air recording and video to DVD duplication within copyright guidelines
- Live captioned webcasts and online searchable webcast archives are provided and supported by Broadcast Media Services and Educational Access Television Ch 27 & 75
- Production & technical support for EATV Ch 27 & 75, including operations of the Ocean Campus MUB Teleclass Production Room.
- Consultations and expertise regarding selection, design, and installation of satellite; web streaming; audio & video equipment; production; and services for instructional programs
BEMA students can check out our video or audio gear for BEMA production class projects. Available equipment includes DSLRs, Boom Mics, Tripods, XLR Cables, Light Kits, and Digital Audio Recorders. Students should stop by the BMS Service window to check out equipment.
BMS hires about ten student interns as lab aides or work study each semester. You will learn about delivery/care/maintenance of various broadcasting-related equipment, and you will gain valuable work experience. Come and join us! The day supervisor and the night manager both started their current careers as lab aides at City College.
Interns must be registered in the Internship class BCST 160, and be taking at least five additional units at City College. It helps to be a returning broadcast or new media student. Must be detail-oriented, reliable and prompt, able to run up hill, able to lift/carry 25+ pounds, and willing to learn.
Broadcast Media Services offers audio and video production services, including project management, for teleclasses, online classes, and special events and meetings in support of instruction, student services, educational access television, professional development, shared governance, performances, presentations, events and other college and district activities. Video and audio production requests must first go through Department Chair Sheila McFarland, though you may contact Video Production Assistant Susan Boeckmann first.
In support of our Operations and Production services, our engineers provide audio and video equipment/system maintenance and technical expertise.
Other Related Services
Lost and Found
Did you lose your DVD or VHS tape? If you left it on a cart, we might have it! Call us at 415-239-3525. Or we might give your VHS tape to a museum. Did you leave something in a classroom near our office? Maybe someone turned it into us in ArtX 169. After six months, we recycle everything in our Lost & Found bin.
- Conference Room
- Would you like to use our conference room? Call 415-239-3525 to check if ArtX 170 is available.