Q: Curriculum Currency
Q: Curriculum Currency
INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAMS ONLY
Title 5 requires departments to review all curricula (courses, certificates, degrees, sequences) in each program for currency, relevance, content, and requisites every six years (for CTE departments, every two years). Please review the data on your currency (showing a list of all activity from last year, all courses and programs that are one year from losing currency, and all courses/programs out of currency) and comment below. Please address how well your department is meeting this requirement.
Please review the Curriculum Currency Report attached to your Annual Plan. In a short narrative, address the following:
Program updates – Briefly describe plans to ensure all
programs are updated at least once every 6 years and maintain
integrity and accuracy.
- Course updates – Briefly describe plans to ensure all courses are updated at least once every 6 years.
- Addendum updates – Briefly describe plans to ensure all Distance Education and Honors Addenda are updated at least once every 6 years and maintain integrity and accuracy.
Notes & Suggestions
- To access curriculum currency in CurrIQunet, initiate your Annual Plan then click on the Report icon 📄 to view the Curriculum Currency Report. For Fall 2019 Annual Plans, choose review year 2018-19. If you already selected a different review year, simply change it to 2018-19 for the appropriate Curriculum Currency Report. Note: Don’t forget to scroll down and check the status of your programs.
- You can also use Argos to view a list of all your courses with their outline dates and last time offered (Argos instructions).
- For general rules
regarding maintaining currency and offering frequency, view the Curriculum Committee resolution setting dates
for catalog inclusion.
- CTE Departments: Address in particular any currency and relevancy adjustments made in response to input from advisory committee, LMI and Core Indicator data, and SLO/PLO assessments.
Extra question for CTE Departments only
Title 5 requires every CTE department or program to have an Advisory Committee that meets at least once per year. Please describe your advisory committee -- its membership, when it last met, and links to or locations of agendas/minutes. (provide URL if located on a website) Please address how well your department is meeting this requirement.
Please confirm that your Advisory Committee has met in the last 12 months (Y/N).