Non-Degree Seeking Credit Student
If you already have an AA/AS degree or higher or only want to take one or two classes.
Note: Students will not receive priority registration if they only complete the following steps. For priority registration, please complete orientation and counseling.
CCSF Credit Admission Application
- New students can complete and submit the CCSF online application here.
Before You Start Your Application
- Collect the names and dates (month and year) of all high schools and colleges attended.
- Have a valid email address ready, one that you check frequently. This is where we will send follow-up information about your application. If you do not have one, we recommend that you create an email account prior to applying.
- (If applicable) Have your permanent resident card ready.
After You Submit Your Application
- Be sure to check your email regularly. You will get a welcome email confirmation after you submit your application containing very important information. This message will be sent to the email address you provided when you applied for admission. If you do not receive an email confirmation with your student identification number from CCSF with 72 hours, please contact the main Admissions office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-452-5101.
- Once you have been assigned a CCSF Identification number and RAM ID (provided in your Welcome Email), you will need to log into myRAM Portal in order to enroll for classes and view other important information.
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment steps.
- If you have questions about your application, contact our Admissions and Records Office at 415-452-5101 or email@example.com.
Pre-Registration Add/Drop Procedure
The Pre-Registration Period (prior to the first day of instruction) is when students can log in to the myRAM Porta and register for classes prior to the semester starting. Please refer to the Registration Page for instructions on Registration using the myRAM Portal.
You will be assigned a registration date every semester that you are an active student. On or after this date you can log on to your myRAM Portal and add classes.
Prior to the first day of instruction, if the course you are interested in is full and has a wait list with spots available, you may add yourself to the waitlist.
For the first week of instruction, if the class still has space available, a student can add the class on their MyRAM Portal without any instructor permission. If a class is full and a student would like to request to add the class, submit a Class Add Request under your Student Portal and the instructor will determine if they have space and notify the student if they do.
Beginning the second week of instruction if a student wants to add a class whether it has space or is full, the student can submit a Class Add Request on their Student Portal. If the instructor has space in the class for the student they will approve the student to add the course and will notify the student through CCSF email. The student must then add the class in their MyRAM Portal.
You may drop or withdraw through myCCSF WEB4 Portal (Monday - Saturday, 9:00 AM to 11:45 PM) commencing with the first day of instruction or you may come in person to the Registration Center. If you have registered for a class but no longer attend it or have never attended it, you must drop or withdraw from the class. If you wish to drop a class with no notation on your permanent record, you must initiate a drop on or before the deadline for full and short-term length courses.
Please visit Important Dates to view the class schedule for important deadlines dates.
- Students are liable for all fees for courses dropped after the published deadline dates.
- Students are responsible for class prerequisites, academic calendar deadlines, services information, and registration procedures.
- Classes with different start or end dates may have different add, drop, or refund deadlines.
Fee payments can be made through your myRAM Portal under Student Account. Payments may be made with cash, cashier's check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) or first-party personal checks (for the exact amount owed) will be accepted as payment. You may also sign up for a Payment Plan through Nelnet Business Solutions e-cashier. A Valid ID must be presented for in-person payment. Please visit Tuition and Fees for fee information.