About the Dental Assisting Program
The CCSF Dental Assisting Program prepares you to successfully pass the California State Licensure Examination to become a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) and the National Examination to become a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA). These courses are transferable to California State Universities.
Requirements for Completion of Program
- ENGL 88 or ESL 186 or equivalent (placement in ENGL 1A or ESL 188)
- BIO 9 or BIO 106 (formerly ANAT 14) or BIO 108 (formerly ANAT 25) or BIO 112 (formerly PHYS 1 or PHYS 12) or equivalent
- Typing skill of 45 wpm or better, or Keyboarding course
- Dental Assisting courses with a grade of "C" or higher
|Fee||First Semester||Second Semester|
|Textbooks, supplies, lab fees, uniforms, vaccination||$450||$230|
|Misc Items (Nametags, safety eye-wear & other small items)||$25||$25|
The above fees do not include licensure examination fees:
- Certified Dental Assistant Exam $425
- Registered Dental Assistant Exam $160
Financial Aid and scholarships are available. Please visit the Financial Aid office for information about free tuition for San Francisco Residents and/or other Financial Aid assistance. Additionally, American and California Dental Assistants Associations have scholarships available for the Dental Assisting Students during the final year of their program; information may be obtained from the Dental Assisting Advisor.
About the Dental Assisting Career
Employment: Full-time and part-time employment are available. Positions available in offices/clinics, sales, insurance companies, education, compliance companies.
Starting Salary: Approximately $25 per hour
Possible Fringe Benefits: (after 3 months)
- Vacation/sick leave
- Possible profit sharing