What is the CAIR Team?
The CAIR Team is committed to supporting the wellness of the CCSF Campus Community. Through the use of best practices in threat assessment, dimensions of overall health, and safety, the team engages in a holistic approach to address and support members of the CCSF Community.
Purpose and Action
- Improve communication across campus (among faculty, classified staff, and administrators) to gather more accurate and detailed information about community members in distress.
- Identify trends and concerns related to health, wellness, and safety across the CCSF Campus Community.
- Identify and implement continuing education and training opportunities for the campus community (e.g., Supporting Students in Distress, Violent Intruder, Review of Policies & Procedures).
- Implement prevention and intervention strategies to promote health, wellness, and safety.
- Work collectively to identify community members in distress and identify support, resources, and appropriate referrals.
- Dr. Leilani Battiste, Deputy General Counsel & Title 5/Title IX/ADA Compliance Officer
- Dr. Vanessa Miller, Director, Student Health Services
- Fred Tedi, Academic Senate Rep.
- Muriel Parenteau, Chair, Disabled Students Programs & Services