Borrow Textbooks — For Free!
The Bookloan Program is provided by the Associated Students (AS) in partnership with CCSF Library. Eligible students can borrow up to four textbooks for the whole semester, completely free of charge! The program operates out of the Rosenberg Library at Ocean Campus. This program is student-created and loans out thousands of textbooks each semester. Books can be borrowed throughout the semester and are given out on a first-come first-served basis. AS recommends that you borrow as early in the semester as possible.
Because the College is in remote instruction mode, most of our books have been centralized and are now searchable online. The AS Bookloan and Library collections are constantly being updated with new titles and heavily used titles are in OneSearch found on the Library website.
Suggested steps to find titles:
- Search for the title in OneSearch
- Go to the CCSF Library website and look for the search box on the homepage.
- Click on the tab called “Books & Media”
- Type the title of the textbook you are looking for. Put it in quotes for better results. Example: “Invitation to the Life Span”
- There may be several loan options available. Bookloan program titles circulate for the entire semester. They will labeled: Reserve Semester Book Loan
- Log in and request a copy. The Library will notify you when it is ready for pick up.
Note: due to limited funding the Bookloan program does not carry novels, access codes, or loose-leaf books. For English and other courses, check the Library OneSearch or your local public Library. The Library also has some textbooks that can be borrowed for short periods of time through the Course Reserves program.
Don't see the book you need? Feel free to suggest a book for the Book Loan Program. We will let you know if we are able to get the book.
Easy Return Process
All books are due back to campus by the last day of finals. Simply bring all AS Bookloan Books, regardless of where you picked them up, to the 24-hour Rosenberg Library drop box. The drop box is a slot on the right wall of the Rosenberg Library, which you will see as you approach the main doors. If you can't come to a campus or center, mail materials to: City College of San Francisco | Ocean Campus | Rosenberg Library | 50 Frida Kahlo Way | San Francisco, CA 94112.
Questions about this program? Contact email@example.com