Academic Support and Services for CCSF Astronomy Students
Astronomy Department Tutoring Program
This is a tutoring program for students who are currently enrolled in any astronomy classes. The aim is to provide a supportive environment for learning in astronomy. The program is run by students for students and is sponsored by the Astronomy Department at CCSF.
- Tutoring Service is in the CCSF Planetarium (Science 406)
- Ask your Instructor for the Schedule or View the one on the 4th Floor of Science Hall
- Faculty Sponsor: Lancelot L. Kao
Astronomy Outreachers - Service Learning Program
This is a service-learning program for students who are currently enrolled in ASTR 1, 16, 17, 18, or 19 classes. The aim is to integrate community service with academic instruction and reflection. The program is run by faculty advisors whereby the students are trained in the use and application of our facilities and equipment in community outreach environments.
- Science Hall 400
- Faculty Advisors: Claia Bryja
- Applications are available from your instructors the 1st week of each semester and are due the 2nd week of the semester.
- Evening Training Meetings are to be scheduled.
Mathematics Tutorial for CCSF Astronomy Students
This is meant to assist students in Astronomy classes at City College of San Francisco with the mathematics involved in ASTR 1, 4, 16, 17, 18, 19 courses. It includes sections in which basic mathematics principles and skills are reviewed and sections in which methods to solve mathematical problems in astronomy are presented. Knowledge beyond Elementary Algebra is not necessary to succeed in solving most astronomy math problems and many require only Arithmetic.
Math Tutoring Lab
ESL assistance with Astronomy
- Email Carrie Priestley at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a 30-minute appointment. Give her your available times. (If you can’t email, please call 452-7219.)
- Carrie will email or call you with an appointment time.
- Bring examples of your work from your class to your appointment.