The Radiologic Sciences Department at City College of San Francisco is dedicated to the advancement of the allied health care industry by providing educational opportunities that foster ethical and compassionate behavior, professional development, and a respect for human diversity. The accomplishment of this mission is embedded in our values through the department’s acronym: CCSF RADSCI
- Compassionate patient care
- Continued pursuit of learning
- Sensitivity to the learning needs of our students
- Fair and equitable treatment for all
- Respect for all
- Accountability and ethical behavior
- Diversity consciousness
- Service to the community and the advancement of the Radiologic Technology Profession
- Commitment to excellence in the Radiologic Technology Profession
- Integrity of the educational process
To provide superior didactic and clinical educational opportunities that ensure CCSF RadSci graduates are among the highest qualified radiologic technologists in the industry.
How we Achieve our Vision
Currency in Didactic Instruction: When our teachers speak from experience, it is current. Most of them continue to practice in the field and are lecturing on their work experiences that occurred in the very recent past. Many faculty members serve on various statewide and national committees that determine the future of Radiologic Technology practice and hold multiple degrees and credentials.
Superior Laboratory Facilities: The CCSF RadSci Department strives to maintain equipment that reflects what is currently used in the clinical setting. This ensures that students develop strong skills that accompany them into the medical environment.
Strong Clinical Affiliates: The Diagnostic Medical Imaging Program is affiliated with one of the leading Level I trauma centers in the nation: Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, and with two of the mostly highly rated hospitals in the country: UCSF Medical Center, and California Pacific Medical Center, which provides an emphasis on excellent customer service. Our affiliates are set in a dynamic urban environment, which provides experience with a diverse patient and professional population.
This combination of excellence in didactic and clinical instruction opportunities ensures that CCSF RadSci Department will fulfill its vision, now and in the future.
Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation from City College of San Francisco's Diagnostic Medical Imaging Program, students will be able to perform the following goals and student learning outcomes:
- Goal 1: Students will demonstrate CLINICAL COMPETENCE
- Students will apply positioning skills
- Students will practice radiation protection
- Goal 2: Students will demonstrate CRITICAL THINKING
- Students will analyze radiographic images
- Students will manipulate technical factors
- Goal 3: Students will demonstrate an understanding of PROFESSIONALISM
- Students will demonstrate professional ethics
- Students will demonstrate an appreciation for radiologic sciences
- Goal 4: Students will demonstrate effective COMMUNICATION skills in the medical environment
- Students will demonstrate oral communication skills
- Students will practice written communication skills