Student Equity Articles and Resources
We have compiled the following list of articles to help students, faculty, and others learn more about and promoting equity and inclusion. We update this list as new articles and research become available to us.
- Trying Something New? Seven Things that Boost Success Rates
- Flipping Large Classes: Three Strategies to Engage Students
Assessing High-Impact Learning for Underserved Students
- A Mixed Method Analysis of High-Impact Practices on Student Learning for Historically Underrepresented Students
Developing a Community College Roadmap
Developing a Community College Student Roadmap is designed to help community colleges create robust and proactive programs of academic support—tied to expected learning outcomes—that engage students at entrance and teach them, from the outset, how to become active partners in their own quest for educational success.
Center for Urban Education’s Impact on Equity Gaps
CUE’s impact of closing equity gaps at partner institutions is achieved by engaging various actors on campus (i.e. faculty, administration, staff) through a process of self-inquiry. When various practitioners engage in this change process, they improve student success outcomes and also have the tools and framework to continuously reassess their practices, policies, and structures that all impact student success.
Innovations in General Education: Give Students a Compass
- Giving California Students a Compass
- Aspirations to Achievement - Men of Color and Community Colleges