Student Equity Articles and Resources
We have compiled the following list of articles to help students, faculty, and others learn more about and promoting equity and inclusion. We update this list as new articles and research become available to us.
- Trying Something New? Seven Things that Boost Success Rates
- Flipping Large Classes: Three Strategies to Engage Students
- The RP Group’s landmark research projects, Student Support (Re)defined and Through the Gate, have helped examine how community colleges can improve student success by focusing on what students themselves say they need to succeed.
- These highlights are research focused on our African American/Black students and the colleges and programs that support their success. The RP Group shared notable findings for African American/Black Student Transfer Success from our Through the Gate transfer study.
- In case you missed The RP Group’s special Multiple Measures Assessment Project (MMAP) webinar on 2/8, you can now watch it on our YouTube Channel. The MMAP team has completed another analysis exploring changes in the math courses students are taking as they transition from high school to community college, before and after the implementation of AB 705. The group shared detailed findings from our recent research brief, “Transition in Math from High School to Community College Before and After AB 705."
Center for Urban Education’s (CUE) Impact on Equity Gaps
CUE’s impact of closing equity gaps at partner institutions is achieved by engaging various actors on campus (i.e. faculty, administration, staff) through a process of self-inquiry. When various practitioners engage in this change process, they improve student success outcomes and also have the tools and framework to continuously reassess their practices, policies, and structures that all impact student success.