The San Francisco Community College District Bookstore Auxiliary
CCSF Bookstores was formed in 1951 to supply college textbooks and related materials to the students, faculty, and staff of the City College of San Francisco. In 1995 the San Francisco Community College District Bookstore Auxiliary was created as a 501 (c) (3) corporation. This Auxiliary Corporation is owned by the Community College District but operates as a separate entity from the District. The Master Agreement and the operating by-laws can be found (here).
During the 1990's bookstore services were extended to most of the Centers or campuses of City College throughout the City and County of San Francisco.
In 2012 the District decided to partner with the Follett Higher Education Company. Follett began operating all the CCSF Bookstores on April 1, 2013.
The San Francisco Community College District Bookstore Auxiliary is governed by a Board of Directors. The makeup of the board is stated in the by-laws.
- The Vice-Chancellor of Finance and Administration shall serve as the President of the Board.
- The Chief Financial Officer of the District (Associate Vice-Chancellor of Finance) shall serve on the board as Treasurer.
- The Executive Director of the Auxiliary shall serve as Secretary.
- The Chancellor may serve on the board or may designate an administrator to serve as a director.
- A student from the Ocean Campus, nominated by the Associated Students, appointed by the Chancellor.
- A student from a CCSF Center, nominated by the AS Executive Council and appointed by the Chancellor.
- A member of the Faculty, nominated by the Academic Senate and appointed by the Chancellor.
The first four positions are "ex-officio" and have no term limit. The two student positions and the faculty position are for a one year term and a director may be reappointed to serve one additional year.
- Abdul Nasser, President & Treasurer
- Garth Kwiecien, Secretary & Executive Director
- Elizabeth Coria, Chancellor's Appointment
- Student, Ocean Campus
- Student CCSF Center
- Susan Berston, Faculty Representative