The Budget Department serves as a leading supplier of accurate, timely and meaningful budget and financial information to management, Board, and other constituencies in order to support resource allocation and decision making.
The budget office is committed to administering the colleges' budgetary process, tied with institutional planning, to ensure the efficient allocation of resources aligned with the colleges' strategic plan. The department is committed to being responsive in meeting the continuously changing needs of the college in its response and commitment to providing high quality, affordable education to the community. The budget office is committed to performing all responsibilities with utmost integrity and objectivity.
The primary duties of the Budget Department are to:
- Facilitate the preparation of the college’s Tentative and Final Budget
- When required, identify and assess financial implications and programmatic needs of proposed decisions
- Provide financial analysis and reporting to college constituencies
- Promotes collaboration and involvement by all in order to integrate planning, resource allocation, and assessment
- Prepares monthly financial reports to describe current financial conditions and the status of the college
- Monitors departmental cost centers throughout the year for accuracy in recording transactions
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Senior Vice Chancellors in the many dimensions and requirements of position control