The articulation office at CCSF develops, proposes and coordinates course articulation agreements. Generally, articulation proposals are submitted for review by university faculty and are then approved or denied. Approved articulation for CCSF courses can be found on ASSIST, the college’s print and online catalogs, general education handouts, and the articulation website. 

We provide information about how CCSF courses meet requirements for transfer to 4+ year colleges and universities, including general education, preparation for specific majors, and elective credit for University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), and private and out-of-state colleges and universities.

Please note that the best source of information for transferring courses to UC and CSU is the ASSIST website.

About Articulation

Simply stated, articulation deals with how courses transfer from one college to another. Specifically, articulation is the process of establishing which courses offered at City College of San Francisco (CCSF) are comparable to, or acceptable in lieu of, courses offered at four year colleges and universities.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements identify courses completed at one institution that meet the requirements of another institution for major preparation, general education or transferable units. Most articulation agreements are between a community college and a university, but there can be agreements between two community colleges or two universities.

CSU-UC Articulation

The best resource for details on how community college courses transfer to the California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) systems is the ASSIST website. ASSIST is California's official statewide repository of transfer information for the CSU and UC. It can help prospective students determine if they will receive credit for courses they already have taken or plan to take at the community college, and how those courses will apply to specific academic majors or general education requirements at the university.

Private or Out-of-State Colleges

The best place for information on how CCSF courses transfer to private or independent colleges and universities is the Other Colleges page of the articulation website. The Articulation with CCSF link connects to articulation agreements with private institutions both in California and out-of-state. It also includes agreements between CCSF and out-of-state universities.