CCSF Course Repeatability Policy
CCSF follows the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges regulation of Course Repeatability which states that students may only take a course once. If you have taken a course at CCSF, you will not be able to take the course again. This is the case for all activity courses in PE and Dance (as well as Art and Career Technical Education)
How to Continue Taking Courses in the Same Field or Activity
You MAY take another course listed with in the already taken course's family. The PE and Dance department along with City College's Curriculum Committee have developed Course Families in which you may take another like course.
- You may take up to 4 different courses within a course family. All of the times you have taken the course count towards the limit of 4, even those times where you got a D, F, No Pass, No Credit, or withdrawn.
- Once you have taken 4 courses within a family you may not take any more courses within that family.
- You MAY, however, continue to take courses in different families or sign up for the course via CCSF Extension (for zero credit, zero units).
- You have taken PE 200 C (Fitness Center) in the Spring of 2018.
- In Fall 2018, you would like to use the Fitness Center again, so you would be allowed to enroll in PE 200 D (which is a new "Super Cardio" course). Since it is a different course than PE 200 C you would be allowed to enroll in it.
- You have taken PE 200 in Spring 2012, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, and Summer 2013 (or any combination of courses in the same family).
- You would therefore not be eligible to take any more courses in the fitness center family.
- If you still wanted to continue fitness center use you would then need to sign up for the course via CCSF Extension (for zero credit, zero units).
- If you wanted credits then you could sign up for another course in a different family but you would not have access to the fitness center.