Veterans Educational Transition

Services (VETS) Office

Welcome Home Veterans
Veterans Center
Walter S. Newman


 VETS Office Mission

The mission of the CCSF Veterans Educational Services (VETS) Office is to serve veteran students with the highest level of support and dedication in order to enhance the successful transition from military life into a chosen field or career through education.

We work with veterans who have been approved for the following veterans' educational benefits:

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill®* (Ch33)**
  • Vocational Rehabilitation program (Ch31)** 
  • Montgomery GI Bill®* (Ch30)**
  • Survivors' and Dependents' Assistance programs (Ch35)**
  • Chapters 1606 (Reservists)** 

To learn more about the diffrent VA Education Benefits avalabe to active servie members, reservist, veterans, dependents & survivors please see the "VA Educational and Vocational Benefit Programs" tab

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about educational benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at .


What we can assist you with

  • A successful transiton from militaty service to higher education
  • Navigating the complex VA Education Benefits system
  • Three Dedicated Veteran Academic Counselors that advise and assist veterans looking to transfer to the UC, CSU systems, certificate and vocationla programs
  • Throuhg our partnership with the San Francisco VA, the Student Veteran Health Program is a dedicated team that offers mental health services, helps veterans enroll in VA Healthcare services and much more
  • Information on the academic proces
  • Inform campus and community parners about veteran resources and issues



Veteran Enrollment Certification Request Form

Due to City College of San Francisco moving to an ALL on-line opperations process  until 05/20/2020, please fillout the "Veteran Enrollment Certification Request Form" and submit online via email. This will be the process for all other documents needed for certification, such as your: DD-214, Certificate of Eligibility (COE), Birth and or Marriage certificate if using Dependents Education Assistance (DEA), and ALL official transcripts from other institutions.

  • Please click on the link above to access the certification form
  • PRINT out the "Veteran Enrollment Certification Request Form" OR compleate the form in the PDF itself 
  • FILL out the form
  • TAKE a picture or scan the form and email to: 

This form is replaceing the old "green sheet".

Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we work hard to keep all CCSF student, staff, faculty and administation safe and healthy during this difficult time. 


Checklist for First Time CCSF Veteran Students / Transfer Students

  • Apply online for Admissions to CCSF:
  • If you are planning to use VA Education Benefits or transferring from another school, apply online: or AND submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE), confirmation number, or copy of the last page of the application***
  • Submit a copy of your DD214 (member 4)***
  • To discuss your options for English and Math placement and/or for the most up-to-date information you can consult with a Veteran academic counselor.
  • Complete the CCSF Orientation (online or in person).
  • Submit official transcripts. Please have your official transcripts mailed directly to you, and bring them to Cloud Hall, room 333. Do not open (sealed) official transcripts. Unofficial transcripts will also be accepted by the Veteran’s Center and the Matriculation Office (Conlan 204) until your official transcripts have arrived.
  • Sign the Student Responsibility Contract. (All students receiving veteran educational benefits at CCSF are required to sign a contract agreeing to comply with all applicable federal regulations and all CCSF institutional policies and procedures). 
  • Meet with a CCSF Veteran academic counselor in Cloud Hall, room 333 to develop your education plan.
  • Counselors are only available on a walk-in, first-come, first-serve basis at the beginning of each semester. Please plan accordingly by arriving early to put your name on the list and expect a long wait for your turn during these high volume times.
  • Register for classes that are on your educational plan through your RAM Portal account:
  • Request certification after registering for all of your classes by completing the GREEN FORM
  • Students are responsible for requesting certification EACH semester, this does not happen automatically.
  • If you change your class schedule (adding or dropping classes), you must complete and submit the Yellow “Notification of Change in Enrollment” form***
  •  If you add a class that is not on your education plan, please see a Veteran counselor because the GI Bill® will not cover classes that are not on your education plan.
  • Students transferring from another institution must follow the same process as a first time student then fill out a (VA Form 22-1995 / 5495, available online or from a counselor).
  • For eligible veterans, apply to the VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program (Chapter 31) online (through or ). The office will need the 1905 developed by your Voc Rehab Case Manager. 
  • *** Submit / obtain documents at CCSF, Cloud Hall, Room 333, unless otherwise specified.


Priority Registration for NEW veterans will be available upon completion of the New Student Matriculation process outlined above. 


For more information please visit the following pages:

Frequently Asked Questions