The CCSF Physics department is one of the largest two-year
college physics departments in the country. Only 3% of Two year
College Physics departments offer more than 16 sections of courses.
The CCSF physics department currently offers over 30 sections serving
over 1200 students per semester. Our students travel from all over the
bay area, as well as all over the world to take advantage of our full
service physics program.
We offer the bulk of our classes at the Ocean Campus but also support physics classes at the Chinatown/North Beach, Mission Campus, South East Campus, and Online. We also have plans to offer classes at the Exploratorium when it moves to its new location.
We are proud of
- our nontraditional mix of students
- the accomplishments or our alumni
- our full service physics program
- our role in providing quality affordable science education
- the individual contact that each student receives
from our 9 full time and 11 part-time physics instructors