Tutorial Center -
Become a Peer Tutor
Peer Tutor Job Description
Peer Tutors in the Learning Assistance Center are current CCSF students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their subject and receive on-going training in fostering academic success in others. Peer Tutors are available for drop-in appointments and supplemental instruction.
Peer Tutor Qualifications
All Peer Tutors should meet the minimum qualifications below:
- Current student enrolled at CCSF for the minimum of 6
units/semester (international students need to review SHEP
- Received an A in the subject.
- A Faculty Letter of Recommendation.
- Reliable and able to support the philosophy and mission of the Learning Assistance Center.
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work well with and support diverse student population at CCSF.
- May be required to take an assessment test depending on the subject.
- Enrolled and completed
Introduction to Tutoring Tutor Training Course (see
Peer Tutor Benefits
- Excellent resume builder
- Remain “on top” of your academic material
- Improve your communication skills
- Build your leadership skills
- On-going professional development paid training workshops (Transfer, Scholarship, Tutoring Best Practices, Communication and Diversity workshops)
- Receive CRLA (starting Fall 2018) – Tutor Certification Level 1
This is a part-time position with a maximum of 15 hours per week.
Competitive salary of $14/hour and a flexible schedule to balance
Peer Tutor Application Process
* Printed Peer Tutor Application forms are also available in the Learning Assistance Center R207 as needed.
Additional Student Job Opportunities are available in the Learning