Students leaving Science building

Step 1:  Apply for Admissions

6 Easy Steps

All NEW and RE-ADMIT students (those who have been away from CCSF for one academic year or more previous to the coming semester) need to submit an Admissions Application.

NEW STUDENTS: There are three more steps we ask you to complete (placement test, orientation, meet with a counselor) before you register.

PLEASE NOTE: It is best to list your long-term goal as your objective on your application. For instance, if you are planning to get a certificate in Child Development but may also transfer later, indicate transfer on your application. You can still earn the certiicate!

Choosing a Major

Submit your  online application here.

If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions and Records, City College of San Francisco, 50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112.(Tel.: 415-239-3285), or email your question to

International Students (Important Information)

Next step:  Placement Testing