Once you enter the United States with a Form I-20 and F-1 Visa, you are in the United States under F-1 student status. We at the Office of International Programs invite you to use this section of the website to assist you in maintaining your F-1 student status while studying with us.
While we strive to provide up-to-date and comprehensive information on our website, it is ultimately your responsibility to be aware of the rules and regulations that govern your F-1 student status. As such, ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse for non-compliance. If you violate the rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), your F-1 student status may be revoked and you may have to leave the United States immediately. Please keep yourself informed by checking your CCSF e-mail, USCIS announcements, or attending workshops for international students.
Please use the left navigation menu to find information on the rules and regulations that govern your student status while studying with us. There you will find information on such topics like employment possibilities, travel, and how to ensure your immigration documents are up-to-date. You will also find the forms required by our office for various requests such as letters, travel endorsements, and reducing your course load.
If you have any questions that are not answered on our website, feel free to pay us a visit in person, send us an e-mail, or give us a call. Our contact information and office hours are provided for your convenience to the right.
- Last Day to Drop a Full-Term Class for a 100% Refund
- Last Day to Add a Class
- Last Day to Request a Final Semester Reduced Course Load (RCL)
- Last Day to Fulfill the Full-Time Enrollment Requirement (12 units)
- Last Day to be Enrolled in the Mandatory International Health Insurance
SEPTEMBER 12TH 2018:
- Last Day to Drop a Full-Term Class for a 50% refund of tuition fees
OCTOBER 4TH 2018:
- Last Day to File a Petition to Receive Associate of Arts or Science Transfer Degree, an Associate in Arts or Science Degree, or a Ceritificate of Accomplishment
NOVEMBER 20TH 2018:
- Last Day to Apply for a Program Extension
FEBRUARY 18TH 2019:
- Last Day to Transfer Out for Fall 2018 Graduates
- Last Day to Apply for Optional Practical Training for Fall 2018 Graduates