Welcome to your orientation to City College of San Francisco, the largest, and one of the most diverse community colleges in California. You’re embarking on a new journey at City College.
There are six parts to this orientation. It should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
1) Introduction: What is orientation? Steps to complete the enrollment process. What does your English and math placement mean?
2) Academic Terms & Policies: How to schedule your classes, manage your time, calculate your GPA, and avoid Academic/Progress Probation.
3) Catalog & Class Schedule: Learn how to register for classes and use the catalog and schedule.
4) Choosing Goals: Selecting programs and degrees, understanding general education course requirements, transferring to CSU or UC.
5) CCSF Resources: Counseling & Academic Support Services. Finding money for your education, Financial Aid/Scholarships.
6) Quiz: Take the final quiz to get an orientation certificate.