Due to COVID-19, our HiSET/GED Exams are not available. Please check back for updates.
How to Register for the HiSET
Follow the steps below to take the HiSET test.
- Start the registration process by going online to https://hiset.ets.org/
- Write down your ETS Student I.D. Number
- Make a payment online by going to the CCSF Bookstore Website and complete the following steps:
- In the Search Box, enter Hi-SET and press ENTER
- Pick your product and pay with a major credit or debit card
- If you are paying cash for the test, you may visit the CCSF bookstores in person, located at the Ocean Campus and Mission Center. Note that the test examiners CANNOT accept cash payments.
- Call us at 415-561-1824 to set up an appointment.
- Bring your proof of payment (paper receipt) and a valid photo ID to your appointment. Arrive 15-20 minutes early.
For scheduling updates: "TBD"
For general questions, you can contact us at (415) 561-1824 or email us at email@example.com
GED Sign Up
You will register online for the GED test on a computer, using the MyGED™ Portal.
You are required to sign up for a MyGED™ account and then you are able to access the dashboard full of information about studying, test day, scheduling, scoring, and college and career opportunities.
When you are eligible to schedule:
- Log in 24/7 to the MyGED™ Portal
- Click "Start Scheduling" on the dashboard
- Complete the demographic questions
- Schedule one or multiple tests at a time
- Pay for your exam appointment