New/1st Time Registration Fee: $140
Retest Fee: $32 each subtest
You can take each of the five (5) subtests a total of three (3) times per year.
For example five (5) subtests x three (3) attempts per year = a total of fifteen (15) subtests per year.
Before coming to the Mission Center, you can start your registration process at www.hiset.ets.org.
If you are paying cash for the HiSET test, you must submit payments at the bookstore at the Ocean Campus, or Mission Center. Visit the Bookstore Website for Store Hours
In California, the 2014 GED test, including all the standard elements of the 2014 GED program, costs $35 per each of the 4 modules for a total of $140. The price that test-takers pay is set by jurisdictions and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Pay for Tests as You Go
GED Testing Service has no requirement that test-takers pay for all tests at one time. You can register and take only the subjects for which you are prepared, instead of testing on a schedule that is built primarily for the convenience of the test administrator.
Retaking the Test
There’s no waiting period in California for people who didn’t pass the first time. You can take the test again whenever you’re ready.
However, we encourage you to receive additional instruction in the classroom or try your hand at a practice test before you re-test.
GED Testing Service offers a discounted retake program for all GED test-takers. According to the program’s policy, you are eligible for:
- Two discounted retakes for each subject area taken
- GED Testing Service fees are waived every retake ($20 per subject area test)
- You must schedule retakes one at a time for the discount to apply
- Discounted retakes cannot be combined with any other discounts
- Retakes must occur within 12 calendar months of your initial attempt
- After your two discounted retakes, you will need to wait at least 60 days, pay the full retake price and then you will receive two more discounted retakes