Digital Literacy Project (DLP)
Staffed by a classified staff person who will support implementation of the program, who will develop and facilitate the process for laptop rentals, program orientations, workshop development and delivery, computer training, and technological support in collaboration with student mentors dedicated to this program and supporting the Office of Student Equity. The project will:
• Provide access to computers, skill-building workshops, and technical assistance that is not currently provided by the college.
• Close the digital divide for underserved students by improving their technical skills in the areas of computer literacy to improve course, student retention and college completion.
• Provide computers and broadband access to student populations that are least able to afford them.
• Students will have access to hardware and technical support to ensure their success with the program
The Digital Literacy Project (DLP): DLP is a new initiative focused on closing the digital-use divide for low-income and first generation students at City College of San Francisco. DLP understands the troubles of navigating the digital age which is why we focus on providing students with resources on accessing and using technology for academic success.
Our three main services are:
1. Workshops to support with academic success and preparation for a tech-driven world
2. DLP offers two types of laptop checkouts through the Rosenberg Library, Circulation Desk (fourth floor)
- 4 Hour Laptop Checkouts: All Students can access a laptop for 4-hours through the Circulation Desk within the limits of the library Hours
- 1 Week Checkouts: Students must MUST MEET ALL requirements based on Referral Application.
- Once student meets all requirement, fill out application and turn into the Office of Student Equity, MUB 130B
- Once application is approved, it is followed up by a mandatory orientation (for more questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. DLP supports students enrolled in Hybrid Courses using the learning management system Canvas