Data Collection Process:
- Single Stop uses Benefits Enrollment Network (BEN) software
to case manage each client. Information collected includes (but is
not limited to) tracking data on student full time/part time status,
financial aid award (if any), gross monthly income, demographic
information, and various forms of contact information.
- Using BEN software, we produce quarterly reports, semi-annual reports, and yearly reports that summarize student outcome information. An example of data included in these reports is what social service was received (CalFresh/Food stamps) and how much funding was disbursed ($200 per month).
- During Tax Season, client statisfaction surveys are
distributed to students. This survey captures students'
understanding of Single Stop services and their satisfaction with
- Survey data evaluation is analyzed at the end of each semester (December and May) in consultation with all department colleagues. Improvements will be planned, as needed and implemented as soon as appropriate, after which they will be assessed through our continual assessment process.
- Outcomes are refined as needed through consultation with colleagues internally and externally.
- Assessments happen continually throughout the academic year.
- Details of BEN software and Ocean/Mission survey and evaluations analysis are available at the Single Stop offices at Ocean, Mission, and our California Regional Office in San Francisco -- electronically and in a binder. Summaries and highlights are provided at least once a semester through this website as well as annually through our BEN software quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.