Outcomes are reviewed and refined each semester as needed to ensure we collect the best data, create the most authentic assessments, and focus our revisions.
Since at least 1998, we have been collecting every semester at the end of the semester, we gather data on our students (about 170 -- average age 38) and program effectiveness. During the following semester, we pull all these data together and review and analyze them. We consider program improvements and make plans for future revisions as necessary.
Data we gather include:
- Semester and overall GPAs
- Veterans status
- LGBT status
- Disability status
- Living situation
- Benefits (including food cards, length of food cards, Clipper cards, book vouchers)
- Funds aquired to offset costs (from Associated Students for Fast Passes, and District for food cards, and Financial Aid funds for book vouchers)
- Student satisfaction survey (Questions such as how were you treated? Is the program advantageous? What other services would you like access to? Improvements?)
Services we provide include:
- Academic advising and advocacy
- Food vouchers for cafeteria
- MUNI Clipper Cards
- Book vouchers
- Referrals to outside agencies and other college student services, including counseling and financial aid
We maintain all these data and details in our department office. We summarize them each semester on our department web page and include it in our yearly program review.